Friday, July 15, 2011

BODY SCRUBS

BROWN SUGAR SCRUB
I really like this.

1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup (or less) olive oil 
2 T honey
Mix all together.

LEMON SUGAR SCRUB
Gave both to Kambria for b-day.  She liked this one better.  I haven't made it with almond oil (too spendy) yet.  
UPADATE: I have given this to others for birthdays. Everyone has really liked it.  Jessica Egbert told me she did some research and how good sugar is for your skin (healing wise).  

Mix:
2 cup sugar
1/4-1/3 coconut or almond oil
Add:
4-5 (or more) drops of lemon (or another kind) essence oil


BROWN SUGAR BODY SCRUB
I haven't tried this, but I would like to. Found in the SHAPE Magazine.

1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup ground oatmeal
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond oil (I wonder if coconut would work too??)
2- 1 cup containers with lids

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a food processor until well blended. Place in a bowl. Add vanilla, then slowly stir in oil until the mixture has a paste-like texture. Apply to wet skin at room temperature concentrating on dry, rough patches. Thoroughly rinse with warm water.

Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days.

No comments: