Saturday, July 14, 2012

DYNASTY CORN PUDDING

DYNASTY CORN PUDDING
This came from Linda Evans in the Parade Magazine.  We all really liked it.

Here is what she has to say about it: Food has never let me down. In the early ’80s, we shot a scene for Dynasty where Joan [Collins] and I had to fight in a lily pond. During lunch, I was bundled up and shivering like a drowned rat, so I asked my assistant to get me something to eat. She came back with this warm plate of corn pudding. I was in heaven!"

UPDATE: Abagail even likes this.  We had for dinner with salad and bacon.  Yum!


Directions:


  1. 1
    Preheat oven to 350°F Generously butter a 2 quart rectangular casserole dish.
  2. 2
    In a blender or food processor, puree 1 cup corn kernels with melted butter and eggs.
  3. 3
    In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, except parmesan cheese.
  4. 4
    Add pureed corn and mix well. Pour into casserole dish, sprinkle with parmesan and baked for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden.

Cook’s note: If the top isn’t browned but the pudding looks set, place it under a preheated broiler for a couple of minutes, until golden spots appear. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.

Linda's Tips:
  • To add more bite, sprinkle in some hot sauce, like Frank’s RedHot.
  • For an even cheesier taste, mix in some cheddar.
  • Pair the pudding with a spinach salad and roasted chicken for dinner.
  • Feeling weighed down? Try taking a daily one-hour walk like I do.

No comments: