Saturday, January 5, 2013

BUTTERFINGER BITES

BUTTERFINGER BITES
http://lilyandbliss.com/2012/10/diy-butterfinger-bites/
I was shocked how much these taste like butterfingers.  We had so much junk food around the holidays I kept these in the freezer.  Taste yummy frozen.  I just used cheap candy corn.  Next time I would like to try it with Brach's since it is the only one made with real honey.  I used chocolate bark for the coating, but chocolate chips would work fine too.  I think we used about 1/2 a package.  We only put chocolate on the top.


1 ½ cups of candy corn
8 oz. peanut butter (I used creamy)
Chocolate to coat
In a microwave safe bowl heat the candy corn for one minute. Stir and keep heating for 20 second intervals until completely melted.
Stir in peanut butter. I use organic peanut butter so it was in the fridge. I placed it in the microwave and heated it by 20 second intervals again, stiring in between, until it was blended.
Take a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. Place the candy corn mixture into the pan and let it cool completely for about 2 hours.
Once it is cooled you can remove from pan and cut into pieces (I made about 15, remember bite size!).
Heat your chocolate via the microwave or the stovetop and then dip your butterfinger bites into the chocolate, drizzle it or spoon some on the top like I did. Just put some chocolate on it!!



No comments: