Wednesday, February 5, 2014

TACO SALAD

TACO SALAD
Probably kinda silly to post a recipe for this, but made it tonight and my family loved it!  Decided to add to blog so I remember to make it more.  Would be a great summer meal.  The recipe calls for fritos.  Instead of adding chips to salad I had a bag of Fritos and Doritos and let each person decide.  I also didn't add the dressing because some wanted Ranch instead.  I added black beans.  I think corn would be good too.  I had turkey on hand so that is what I used.  Didn't use a whole packet of taco.  Tasted great!

http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/2014/01/moms-taco-salad/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+30handmadedays+%2830days%29

Mom's Taco Salad
Ingredients
  • approx 8 c. of romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
  • 1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned
  • package of taco seasoning or less
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 1/2 c shredded cheese (more if you want it extra cheesy)
  • 2 cups of Fritos, Dritos, tortilla chips
  • 1 small can sliced olives (optional)
  • 1 small bottle Catalina Dressing
  • can of beans, optional
Instructions
  • In a skillet, brown beef or turkey and drain. Set aside and cool while preparing the other ingredients.
  • In a large bowl, combine lettuce, grated cheese, and olives.
  • Prior to serving, add cooked ground beef /turkey and corn chips.
  • Combine with other ingredients.
  • Drizzle salad dressing over salad mix and toss salad until the desired amount of dressing is used.
Notes
Optional add ins - avocado, sour cream, corn, black beans

No comments: