Sunday, May 25, 2014

APPLE PANCAKE

APPLE PANCAKES
(serves 4)
This was quite tasty. Before I had my dutch oven, I used a normal pan and the round stoneware. Next time I would either use my stainless steel pan or have the stoneware in the oven getting hot while the apple slices are cooking - then transfer them.

4 TBSP (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/4 c dark-brown sugar (I actually didn't notice it was brown, used white)
1 large McIntosh apples (about 8 ounces), cored and sliced 1/8"
5 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of course salt (used Kosher)
1/2 cup nuts,optional
Powdered sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 400. In a 10" cast-iron skillet, melt butter and 3 TBSP brown sugar. Add apple slices, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, milk, cinnamon, salt and remaining TBSP sugar. Pour batter slowly over cooked apple mixture. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until dark golden brown, set in center, and puffed around the edges, about 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar; serve immediately.

No comments: