Tuesday, February 16, 2016

NO KNEAD BREAD

No Knead Bread (5 Loaves in 2 hours!)
http://fabulesslyfrugal.com/no-knead-bread-5-loaves-in-2-hours/#comments
My family loves this recipe.  I half the recipe and make two loaves.  Might work better if I split into three (one being small).  The first time I made this I used 1/2 wheat.  It tasted good but was super crumbly.  I am thinking I didn't add enough flour and didn't cook it long enough.  My oven doesn't cook bread very well.  See blog folder for pictures and more instructions.
Ingredients
  • 5 cups hot water (hotter than bathwater, but not scalding)
  • 4 tablespoons of yeast
  • 1 cup oil
  • 6 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 8-10 cups of flour
Instructions
  1. Mix all ingredients together, should be sticky, stir down from the outer part of the bowl inward every 10 minutes for 1 hour. keep covered.
  2. put oil in bread pans. put dough in bread pans, cover & let rise for 1/2 hour. makes 4-5 loaves
  3. bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
  4. can also be used to make : cinnamon rolls, biscuits

No comments: