Wednesday, December 13, 2017

MIRACLE SALVE

NOTE: Lots of people used this at the reunion for bug bites.  Next time when going to reunion make some with purify in it (good for bites).  Make some for auction item.

Cindy (Ridgeview) has cracked fingers by the fingernail really bad. I was going to bring her my healing stick but then had the idea to make a salve and bring her some. I am hoping it helps not only will her fingers not hurt anymore but she might believe oils actually work :-)

It took forever for the beeswax to melt.  Not sure if there it a kind that melts faster?  I think next time I might soften the coconut oil in water first as well so it goes faster.  Took over an hour to make this.

http://www.primallyinspired.com/miracle-salve-recipe-free-printables/

Update: Facebook oil lady (Diane Shephard) makes a similar recipe she puts in in 1 oz tins and suggests 8-10 drops per tin.

On LOW put a little bit of water in a pan and then put in a glass bowl the following:

2 T - 3 T beeswax (I did 2)

melt - could take 15 + minutes

Then add:

1/4 c coconut oil
1/2 c olive, avocado (can get at Costco for a good price) (I added grape seed oil - also added about 1 tsp vitamin E)  Facebook oil lady uses Apricot oil.
2 T shea butter

melt - could take 15+ minutes

Cool slightly and add 20 drops of essential oil.
10 lavender
6 lemon
2 malaleluca
2 frankinsense).

Pour into jars. This makes 2 small jars.

12/20/07 UPDATE:
Made another batch to give to Lisa and Jenna for Christmas - added helichrysum

2/27/18 UPDATE:
We needed neosporin and thought this would work just as well.  Made another batch but did it like this:
6 lavender
4 lime
4 melaleuca
2 tangerine 
2 frankincense
2 helicrysum
*Scott had a blister on the bottom of his foot.  He put this on it and it was better the next day.

3/1/18 UPDATE:
Met everyone at lunch at Dickey's.  Alise had some cuts on her ankles.  It made me so sad I didn't have any of my salve to put on it.  We will be seeing them on Saturday for Forrest bday party (turning 1) so I decided to make some to give to Kambria.  I added 5 less drops since it will be for the kids.
8 lavender
2 melaleuca
2 frankincense
2 tangerine
1 helicrysum

Kambria told me one day Alise said, "Aunt Shelle made me better." (or something like that)  Every time we would meet at Dickeys she would show me her owies and I would put on some Miracle Salve (keep it in my purse now)

12/10/18
Made some to send to Jimmie & Jill's family (had their name)
6 lavendar
2 tangerine
2 lime
4 malaleluca
2 frank
2 myrrh
2 helicrysum

11/19/2019
I did geranium instead of tangerine.  Also added 4 drops of vanilla.


No comments: