Sunday, April 26, 2020

CHOCOLATE BLACK BEAN SMOOTHIE

CHOCOLATE BLACK BEAN SMOOTHIE
You would never know there are black beans in here. So good. Even Abagail would drink some of it.

I doubled the recipe.  We all had plenty with some leftover.  I added cooked oatmeal to the leftovers and added some more spinach for breakfast the  next day.  Yum!  I think pumpkin would be a really good addition to this as well.

Put all the ingredients in a blender

1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen cauliflower (you can use fresh but it might not completely blend up as well) - I used spinach because I didn't have any frozen cauliflower
1/2 cup black beans
1-2 medjool dates, pitted (didn't have any on hand so used some blue agave maybe 1 T)
1 cup almond of other plant based milk
1 T hemp seeds or flax seed meal or chia seeds
1 T cocoa powder (I used dark)
1 tsp or less of cinnamon

Can sprinkle cocoa nibs over the top if desired.  Could also top with dairy free spray whip as well but not necessary.


No comments: