Thursday, November 6, 2008

BURGUNDY BUTTER

BURGUNDY BUTTER
I really liked this - it has a nice flavor. It was a nice variation to french bread. Scott missed the Johnny's Garlic Spread (from Costco). I think it could be added and would taste good. Probably wouldn't add as much minced garlic.

2 sticks of butter, softened (I used 1 stick)
2 Shallots, peeled and minced
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced (I just used minced)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 loaf French bread, cut lenghtwise (I only used 1/2 of the french bread but didn't 1/2 the ingredients except the butter)

Mix all ingredients (except bread) together. Spread bread generously with mixture. Broil until golden brown and bubbly. Slice and serve.

Can also be used on grilled seafood or cooked vegetables; use for sautes or as a basting sauce when roasting or grilling poultry or beef; add to sauces.

No comments: