Tuesday, February 18, 2014

TURTLE CHEESECAKE

TURTLE CHEESECAKE
http://recipesnobs.com/2011/11/28/layered-turtle-cheesecake/
We had a party to celebrate Lisa's b-day (2014).  I asked what kind of cake she wanted and this was her request.  Jason had just made one - he sent me the recipe he made which I would like to try someday.  But when I saw this one I really wanted to try it.  I liked the layer idea and wanted to try the crusts.  It was very yummy!  I made it the day before.  Next time I might try doubling the ganache recipe or maybe not.  Scott said it was good how it was but I just love ganache and it wasn't that thick but it was a pretty sweet cheesecake. I did top with extra caramel and pecans.


I know I say this a lot, but this cheesecake is a 10!! Love all the textures and layers. The perfect combination of cheesecake, pecans, caramel, and chocolate. Actually, I wish I had some leftovers to refresh my memory (or to give myself another excuse to have another piece :). Seriously, this is just flat out amazing! Enjoy!!

Layered Turtle Cheesecake
     1 cup all-purpose flour
     1/3 cup packed brown sugar
     1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
     6 tablespoons cold butter, chopped
Filling
     4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
     1 cup sugar
     1/3 cup packed brown sugar
     1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon all-purpase flour, divided
     2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
     1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
     4 eggs, lightly beaten
     1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
     1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
     1/3 cup chopped pecans
Ganache
     1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (I did semi-sweet)
     1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
     2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Optional Garnish
     Pecan halves
     Additional caramel ice cream topping

No comments: