Sunday, November 14, 2021

15 Bean Soup (Vegetarian)

 https://www.budgetbytes.com/vegetarian-15-bean-soup/

This soup doesn't look very appetizing, but it is really good.  I had some cooked potatoes that I put at the bottom of my bowl then put soup on top.  Yum!  You can also add parmesan cheese or sour cream on top before eating. 

1# 15 bean soup mix (I got in the bulk)

2 T coconut oil (I didn't use)

1 yellow onion

2 cloves garlic

4 carrots (added more)

3 celery (added more)

6 cups water (I also added 1 spoonful of vegetable broth concentrate)

1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (did Italian big chunk)

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp oregano (I did 2 drops essential oil)

1/2 T (or more) smoked paprika

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (didn't add)

fresh pepper

1/4 cup chopped parsley (didn't add)

salt (didn't add any)

2 tsp apple cider vinegar (I forgot to add)

Soak beans overnight and rinse.  Original recipe does on the stovetop.  I did in the instant pot.

With a little bit of water in the bottom on Saute add garlic and onion.  Saute 3-5 minutes.  Add carots, celery and saute 5 more minutes.

Add beans, water, vegetable concentrate do high pressure 14 minutes.  Let is naturally release.

Add diced tomatoes and spices - pressure 1 more minute

Add any salt (after tasting) and apple cider vinegar.



No comments: